Saturday, August 06, 2005

Enghelab(The Revolution)

As I was standing in Enghelab,looking at the sideways, fishing for a familiar face, I was waiting for a friend.("Mahdi, kidding??"was the thought that came up when I wrote the word friend.) The sun was up, watching over me and the people. People in different colours, some passing you raise their noses and stifle them and some walk like kings expecting you to pull aside for them, some just peek at you but some others of the same kind eye you warily, and some are afraid of glancing not only at you but also at any thing. I was peeking at this spectacle carefully when suddenly someone tapped me on my shoulder, "At last the friend has come," was my flying thought, that a man asked me to direct him to Enghelab and I told him he is already there, so the man relieved looked around as if in search for someone, after some time waved at someone in the crowd and smilingly strode inside the crowd and vanished."Where did he go?
Where are all these poeple going?"
Home is the simple answer or perhaps work.
"What or who am I waiting for?"
Friend is the simple answer.
"Are these people around me waiting?"
I felt cramp in my feet, so started walking to and fro peering into the distance for a figure who can figure out this cramp, but all the while there was a suspicious man who upset my view and and kept staring or sometimes peeping at me with bad intentions or perhaps he had thought of me suspicious, all in all, there was no trace of that aim of mine coming.
Sun was almost shining diagonally on the city now, people were silhouette and differentiation was hard for they were now all in black, and I was leaning against the fence that separates cars from the pavement and longing for a touch, for the taste of victory to quench my thirst.
"Why are you standing here?" was not my thought this time but the voice an officer who wanted to arrest me due to standing there for such a long time. When I told him my reason, laughed and said "Oh, if it is the case, stay as long as you want."
"Thanks officer," I said.
Nothing was constant in Enghelab, but me, the street and the roundabout.
I still go there and see no one familiar but the roundabout and the street.


*We have got a roundabout and a street called Enghelab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home