Sunday, July 17, 2005

What is there in the room opposite my room?

It was complete darkness. Everywhere, every house and apartment was dark but for a window which was a door to a room. It had no curtain to hide inside and you could see everthing. It was a kind that tempted you into having a peek at the inside of the room. For some time I resisted, dreaded approaching it. Something inside me was trying to prevent me from seeing, but at last curiosity overpowered it and then I inched forward, my heartbeat got faster; the vacant empty yellow light had bewitched me. Again, as if someone had gripped my feet I was nailed to the ground and couldn't move.
It was at this moment when a shadow crossed the wall in the room, so quickly did it go that I couldn't understand to whom did the shadow belong to. "The shadow??" I thought to myself. The evocative shadow was familiar to me, evoked the memory of something that my mind was unable to picture.
A cold breeze sallying towards me woke me up to the fact that I was still stuck with the craving to see through that window.
The breeze turned into a wind but still I couldn't move. I heaved myself to move in vain, and besides, this wind not only didn't facilitate my move but also intended to shove me backwards when suddenly it slammed the window open and frees some words which belonged to a voice.
Mostly, voices bear words, but now it was the contrary. The words bore a voice which is different in any mind. The voice you don't hear but imagine.
"Words,words!!?" I wish I could remember them and so racked my brain when all of a sudden that same wind slam the door close itself and I was left with the frosty breeze and the desire to know what was happening inside that room but still I couldn't move.
As the seconds passed without moving, again I tried to pull myself forward and this time a clank startled me. It dawned on me that I was chained and becams aware that any kind of effort to go forward or backward will definitely prove futile.
What could I do?
And what should I do now? Now that it is still night, I am still chained and haven't been able to know what is there in that room. I'd better think...umm I'd better sit....again the wind is strong...it is opening the window, I should stand up,perhaps I will be able to understand...oh words are drifting again...YES it is nearing the window...OH!!! It is a Shadow, not on the wall but at the window, waving its hand to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home