Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The light on my desk

Due to some pathetic events I hadn't been able to carve my thoughts on paper for so long until about hour ago that I made myself open the notebook, grab a pen and lurk around for any thought that happened to be passing.
Now it is past midnight and I just want to concede defeat and admit that those events had disarmed me and robbed me of my muse.
To add insult to injury, the light on my desk, which is the only light in the room, has gone off for several times since then: I switched it on and as I got to concentrate on writing it suddenly went off and interrupted my mind. It has kept doing do for so many times and I have kept turning it on but not a word has descended on the paper.
The light has driven me mad, it has helped everyone but me. "Go to sleep, don't expect any help from me," perhaps were its words. When you need it most it just turns its back on you, and sometimes it says that "Sorry, I have to go, because if I stayed on I would burn," and then tries to take on a very sympathetic tone of voice, "Please write, don't stop writing in my absence." But, how could you see when it is night and the presence of light is lacking?
The paper is still blank (it is maddening), but I should keep calm. Not long ago (a minute or two), again the light left this room, I flew into a rage, grabbed it, and wanted to smash it when suddenly a thought struck me, the thought of writing about friendship. So, at length, it came and I calmly put the light back on the desk.
With this light, on and off, I haven't been able to write anything about it yet, but write about light.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mirage said...

'Light' humour!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home