Sunday, May 08, 2005

My Cap

Once there was a cap,
I trusted her like a pal,
A shelter was for me,
Everytime that I did need,

ln the heat my cooler,
In the sadness my soother,
In the long walks my company,
In the lonliness she was always just listening.

Then one day I sallied towards the blistering partched streets,
As the sun was dictating to everyone to give in,
"Me Will see your sweats on your foreheads"said the sun quaking with laughter,
"Absurd,''I said,"I've got a cap as my shelter."

His laughter awoke the wind,
The howling wind like a fiend,
Stormed forth,
And grabbed her,
Took her away from my thought.

The sun laughing coming back:
"Now, raise your head,
I want to see your sweat."
Drops of sweat trickling down my face,
Didn't listen, but looking forward went ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home